Location: Kolovicë, Prishtinë
KosovaREF – 7514594.391; 4726160.300
WGS84 – Longitude: 21.178, Latitude: 42.675
Altitude: 697.37 m
Parcel Area for IP: ~4500 m2
Approximate Length/Width: 85 m’; 65 m’
Characteristic Features: Sloped terrain
The existing condition of the location in Kolovica presents challenges and opportunities for new development. The plot has an area of 5.3 hectares, where built houses and other residential buildings are located.
A space of 0.45 hectares has been dedicated for a preschool institution. Access to the plot is possible from two roads, a residential road to the south and a trodden path to the west.
However, the road infrastructure needs improvement. Due to previous construction, the environment is degraded, but potential terrain regulation could eliminate negative impacts. Future development possibilities include rehabilitating the terrain and transforming the road into a more suitable variant.
The location has potential for regeneration and further use, contributing to the improvement of the residential area’s quality. However, the cost of rehabilitating the terrain and improving road infrastructure must be considered in the planning of future development of this location.
The location dedicated to the construction of the nursery-garden belongs to the “Prishtina” cadastral zone, Kolovica neighborhood, and is part of the Urban Development Plan of Pristina.
The conditions for the development and construction of the nursery-garden are determined based on current effective guidelines: Administrative Instruction 08/2017 on Technical Norms of Spatial Planning (MMPH), the Guide for Norms and Standards of Preschool Facility Spaces (MASHT), and the current Urban Development Plan of Pristina.
The competition will be in the form of a one-stage design contest, which is the most typical form of architectural design competitions announced for specific purposes and open to all interested parties.
The complete documentation for the competition can be downloaded, after completing the registration process, by clicking on the following link – Kindergarten concept design competition – Kolovicë neighborhood.
The competition will be open to everyone. Each candidate is entitled to submit an unlimited number of designs. Each creation must be original and specifically conceived and realized for this competition. Under no circumstances will previously displayed, revised, reworked, or similar creations in any way to others be accepted. Creators must also submit a notarized certificate confirming that their works are original.
- Candidates must submit a written abstract of their concept, which should not be longer than 300 words.
- Presentations must be made in such a way that they fully demonstrate the design concept and under no circumstances should they contain the author’s signature or any other distinctive marks.
- All designs must be submitted in JPEG format at 300 DPI. It is also not acceptable to send files using services such as Google Drive, Dropbox, or WeTransfer, and any similar service, unless provided by Shërbimi i Arkitektit të Kryeqytetit.
- To register as well as to apply, candidates need to send an email (at email@example.com), in which the administration confirms their application acknowledgment, grants access for document download, and provides space to upload their finalized applications. Their email needs to be new and should be specifically created for the purpose of applying to this competition, and the first part, not longer than 6 characters, will be their application code; for example, XyZ123@gmail.com. All emails created for this purpose must also be of the Gmail type.
- The winning applications, or the winners, will need to verify their identity in order to receive the prize, through proof of ownership of the email, the first part of which represents their application code.
- None of the participants in the competition can hold public positions, nor can they be paid in any form from the budget of the Republic of Kosovo.
- All participants in the competition who have a registered business in the Republic of Kosovo and more than half of the staff with Kosovar citizenship will receive an additional 5 (five) points in the final evaluation. All competitors who do not meet this requirement may benefit from collaboration with someone who meets the condition, with a joint participation of 50/50 in the project.
- All participants in the competition, whose businesses are registered in Prishtina, and where more than half of the employees are residents of Prishtina, will receive an additional 5 (five) points in the final evaluation. All competitors who do not meet this requirement may benefit from collaborating with someone who fulfills the condition, with joint participation of 50/50 in the project.
- All submitted documents must be in PDF or JPG format. A copy in the original document will be required as proof of work.
- 2 x A3 sheets describing the design strategies, philosophies and approaches used to generate the proposed concept (1,000 words maximum).
- Max 5 x A2 sheets showing the site arrangement, building configuration and design concept utilizing plans, sections, elevations, indicative details, and perspectives.
- One A4 document of no more than 20 pages setting out how the proposed concept meets the technical, functional and requirements of the Brief.
- Exhibition panel – A1 – if the competitor is on the final list and one of the top 10, his/her project will be printed and presented in the promotional gallery.
- Participants are required to submit their projects in their dedicated Google Drive folders, with a maximum file size limit of 200 MB. Folders are being compiled, and individual links will be sent to participants when ready. Any project exceeding the specified size limit will result in disqualification.
The first place in the international competition for the concept design of the kindergarten in the Mati 1 neighborhood is awarded with 6000 euros.
The second place in the international competition for the concept design of the kindergarten in the Mati 1 neighborhood is awarded with 3000 euros.
The third place in the international competition for the concept design of the kindergarten in the Mati 1 neighborhood is awarded with 1500 euros.
About The Author